I LOVE THE FALL. I LOVE THE COLORS THAT SURROUND ME AS I WALK THROUGH THE WOODS. I LOVE TO SEE THE BIRDS FLYING TO THE FEEDERS, EATING MADLY, GETTING READY FOR THEIR JOURNEY SOUTH. And, I love the cool mornings; looking out at the frost and running out (sometimes in my socks) to take photos of the frost that lingers on my flowers. Before I come back in I take a moment, close my eyes, and take a breath. I take my time with this breath allowing me to feel its coolness as it fill my lungs, and then oh so slowly I exhale with a sense of peace. As I do memories from past Falls come rushing in; the time when my parents would take all of us for a ride out into the Bluffs to look at the changing leaves and along the way stop for a fall picnic with a coffee pot of hot chocolate bubbling over on the fire. A time It is these memories that ground us.
This past weekend I went on a nostalgic ride to my grandparents farm; a farm I had not visited in over thirty years. I didn't even know how to find it. All I could remember were landmarks and the pines that surrounded the house. What I did remember though, were all of the times I (my brothers and sisters, and at times, cousins) played in the barn making forts, or built tepees along the creek, or taking a ride on the tractor with our Uncle Don.
As we rounded a corner, on our way to the turn the farm, I saw the sign for The Big Falls, "We have to go to the falls," I said with so much excitement I think everyone in the car jumped. Walking down the path, which after thirty years had changed quite a bit, I took my time taking all of it in. Memories came to me and with a smile I found myself gazing out over the falls, its waters rushing over the rocks. I caught my first walleye here.
With the help of my older sister, whom I called in desperation for directions, and my limited memory we found their farm. The house seemed unchanged except for the red roof and a few new outbuildings. The barn where we built our forts and the woods where we built our tepees, though grown, was still there. My heart was so happy as I took it all in. I felt so grounded to my dad and his home, the place where he was born, the place where I played, the place that formed who I am.
Take a moment, close your eyes, and take yourself to a time in which you felt very balanced, very grounded. Play this time over in your mind as you breathe in and out. Using your senses bring this time to life; seeing, hearing, and feeling. Let yourself be vulnerable to what ever may come up; don't be afraid to let yourself become immersed.
I LOVE THE FALL and ALL ITS MEMORIES. MEMORIES that GROUND ME.
| A walk in the woods. |
| Big Falls: my childhood playground |
| Whispering Pines |
Take a moment, close your eyes, and take yourself to a time in which you felt very balanced, very grounded. Play this time over in your mind as you breathe in and out. Using your senses bring this time to life; seeing, hearing, and feeling. Let yourself be vulnerable to what ever may come up; don't be afraid to let yourself become immersed.
I LOVE THE FALL and ALL ITS MEMORIES. MEMORIES that GROUND ME.
CORE & BALANCE: GROUNDING
BACK/*strap under lower back
Dead Bug w/block up & back
Dead Bug w/block Up & Back w/Toe Taps
*Place a strap under your lower back. Press back into strap as you go through
this sequence. Don't let anyone pull the strap out from under you.
BELLY
Prone Mountain w/Leg Lifts
Baby Cobra/ palms behind & up/Lift
Put the Two Together
DD/FF
DD/FF
SUN SALUTATIONS
Surya Namaskar A/Chaturanga
Plank/Knee to Elbow to Chin to Low Lunge w/Diagonal Crescent Lunge to Plank
REPEAT (2x’s)
STANDING
Tadasana -- Tree-- Warrior III
REPEAT
Wide Legged to Warrior II
SWITCH
FLOW: SUN SALUTATION
TABLE TOP
Plank to Side Plank: Thread the Needle
REPEAT
CP
TABLE TOP/KNEES
Forearm Plank w/Strap/Block between hands (10 breaths)
SEATED
Boat/ Block between thighs
Boat/Block/ Add Twist
BACK
Supported Bridge w/Strap around knees ( 10 Breaths)
Supported Bridge with Block/ Straighten One leg & Raise & Lower (switch)
Knees in/Circles
Supine Twist w/Eagle Legs (add block under top knee)/Crunch
Happy Baby
Long Body Stretch
SAVASANA
No comments:
Post a Comment