Friday, May 24, 2019

I Loved Class Today....

"I loved the class today... My back feels wonderful.... Thank you.".... " I am so glad to hear that. What do you think made it feel so good?".... "Everything!"....
To hear this wonderful compliment makes my heart very happy. 
A class can be made up of several types of  yoga students; younger/older, beginner/seasoned, healthy/physically challenged.... and you may find this variety in each class you teach or attend. But, this is what makes yoga so wonderful; it is truly designed for the individual practitioner and where they find themselves. 

GENTLE PRACTICE FOR THE BODY

OPENING/BACK(3-5 min.)
Block under Bolster/Heart Opener

BELLY/BOLSTER UNDER HIPS (5-8 min.)
Head on block/arms at side/knee caps off mat/lift 1 leg: repeat (6)
Legs back/Arms straight/Lift & Lower opposite sides (6x's)

SEATED/Blanket (5 min.)
Windshield Wipers/Hold 90/90 Stretch
Twist Stretch
Head Work/Hand Work

TABLETOP (5-8 min.)Blanket under hands & knees
Cat n Cow
Knee In/Leg out/Leg up: bend & straighten
Knee In/Circles
Thread the Needle: hands on blanket

SUN SALUTATIONS (10 min.)
  1. ½ Sun Salutations (FF-½ way lift) (4)
90/90 Lunge w/Twist
Low Lunge knee up w/Twist (block under hand)

STANDING (15 min.)
½ Sun Salutations
Chair Squat
Crescent/internal rotation: pulse hands back & up
Warrior I/Goal Post Arms
Humble Warrior
Tadasana
FLOW/REPEAT
Squat
Wide Legged w/Support

BACK/BOLSTER (5 min.)
Feet on Bolster/Tap Thymus Gland ***
Figure 4/Feet on Bolster/Lift Raise Leg
Cobbler

SAVASANA (5 min.)
Drap legs over bolster (choice)

Long body/arms at side

No comments:

Post a Comment