Wednesday, July 28, 2021

IT is so Good to be Back in this Place.

It is so good to be back in this place.
Let our thoughts blow in the wind. 
The smell as you enter the studio makes your mouth salivate; curious as to what is being prepared. As I walk in I am greeted by a dear yogi whom I have not seen in almost two years. We hugged and spoke of how wonderful it was to see each other and be able to practice together. 
      And, here I sit by my window (I have a favorite place in the studio that I like to place my mat), gazing out over the prairie, a slight breeze moving the field of flowers. 
I so love this space. It feels like I am returning home. It has been a long year and a half wondering when I might find myself returning.

     The mind flows and buzzes moving from thought to thought like the bees buzzing from flower to flower.  Quiet the mind-Calm the body-Be present. I am finding it much easier to settle and stay in the present moment. Is this because I am more comfortable in my practice? I think so-no expectations-not feeling like I am judging myself or comparing my practice to others in the room. 
     
     It's amazing when one just lets go and "feels" the body moving, "feels" the breath moving; giving myself permission to live in my body. Allowing each asana to rise organically from the space within me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment